Oh yeah baby! It’s that time of year again…Starbucks has the red cups back out, I see Christmas trees adorned with red bows and ornaments in Macy’s, and pumpkin bread has it’s own food group in my world…and it’s time for Michelle’s Favorite Things. I love doing this blog post every year…because what girl doesn’t love dreaming of all the little things in life that are fun to have! AND, I know for a fact that my husband peruses my blog every year for this post for Christmas gift ideas!! I know…I have a great husband! So, let’s kick off this post with some fabulous items that are out there…and some great gift ideas! 😉
1. Anything Lululemon…seriously. It not only feels fabulous, but it makes you look great while working out as well. And who doesn’t want to look great while working out, right?! I’m convinced my lulu helped me along in my half marathon! I love their jackets…and this one makes my heart sing right now.
2. Bedding by Anthropologie. Well, “anything for the house that is Anthropologie” should be the item for #2! If I could chose only one store to decorate my home with, it would be Anthropologie, hands down. And I love their bedding specifically because it’s bold and wild and not afraid to show personality…and that sounds like me! Here is the quilt that is on a UPS truck somewhere in the country making it’s way to my doorstep! 😉 And seriously, look at the price…you can’t beat it! Yep, a peacock!! And I love it!
3. So, I typically embrace all the social technology after everyone else is well established! Just this past week, I discovered Pinterest (let me know if you need an invite to join…it’s highly addictive, but also highly inspiring!) Yes, better late than never…but my next two items were discovered on Pinterest. First off, we have this cute number from Etsy…Jewelry by Anne Kiel. I am loving gold right now!
4. This next item was also discovered on Pinterest…I’ve seen it before, probably in one of my celebrity magazines, but I adore this in gold. It feels very “Carrie Bradshaw” to me. Every time I see it, I swoon. <3 It is by Sarah Chloe.
5. Toms. It’s at the top of my list for Santa. And my favorite right now are the Gilded Herringbone…ahhhhh, so warm and fancy! And not to mention, with every pair purchased, a pair is donated to a child in need. And that my friends, makes me SOLD on purchasing a pair!
6. An Alphabet Rolling Rubber Stamp. This little gem just makes my artsy side happy! Is it not the perfect stamp for personalizing gifts, cards, or hmmmm…photo packaging?! Found on Etsy…
7. An iPad. Seriously, if you don’t have one yet, just get one. Bottom line, I don’t know what I’d do without mine!
8. My new favorite perfume. Awhile back I posted on Facebook for everyone to list their favorite scents! I was overwhelmed with all the responses. And one response that I got a several times was Jo Malone. OMGoodness. It is divine. The cool thing about their fragrance is that it is designed to wear layered. Read about the art of layering their scents here; ladies, this means you can create your own signature scent! So I choose to wear their Vanilla and Anise daily…and if I want to twist it up, I throw a squirt of Nectarine on top! It’s simply divine. And I’m convinced there is a scent for EVERYONE. I was overwhelmed narrowing it down at the Nordstrom’s counter. The customer service with the Jo Malone staff was amazing…I even received a thank you card in the mail! So now, I’m a Jo Malone girl! Check them out! And a tip I learned at the counter, most men prefer the scent of Vanilla!
9. My DeLonghi Expresso Machine. I don’t know what I’d do without my afternoon Iced Skinny Vanilla Latte. And I can’t tell you how much money I’ve saved at Starbucks this past year! I’m not going to lie…nothing beats walking into a Starbucks and taking in the aroma and ordering your drink of choice. However, if I don’t feel like driving to the Cannery and finding the perfect parking spot (our Starbucks is not easily accessible), I can simply flip my machine on and have one within a few minutes!
10. Boot Socks. This is one trend that I want to jump on the bandwagon and be a part of! And the UK company Lowie has the most adorable knee socks to wear with boots. How adorable are these?! They are the perfect supplement to a Fall wardrobe! Another option?! I just picked up a pair at Forever 21 for $5.80 and they are pretty cute…nice and feminine!
I hope you enjoyed this year’s edition of My Favorite Things! Please feel free to share to get the Holiday spirit and shopping ideas flowing!