We chatted about how to find the perfect dress in last week’s Prom Blog Series. Now it’s time to chat about dinner before hand and pictures! Because let’s face it, the best part is pictures with your friends! 😉
Prom Dinner Ideas::
- Lucia, in the above photo (center), had a wonderful recommendation. She suggests having dinner at someone’s house! It is WAY less stressful. No more stress at the restaurant wondering if you will be seated in time…even though you have reservations. You can’t be too late to your own prom!
- Have it catered in. It’s not as expensive as you’d think!
- Do a potluck! Pick the easiest house to do it at…where you will have room for all your friends. I’m sure your parents would be happy to oblige and make a dish for you! Not to mention, this takes the pressure off of the “who is going to pay” dilemma.
- A Progressive Dinner. Warning…if you do this, you need to allow time. But it can be a lot of fun! Get three parents to volunteer up their homes from your group. At one house, you will go by and eat appetizers. At the next house, you will eat the main meal. And at the last house, they will serve dessert! This way the parents only have to worry about preparing one thing (appetizer, entree, or dessert) AND it gives all the parents a chance to see everyone dressed up!
- If going with a group to a restaurant, make sure you have reservations. Also ask the restaurant if they have a large party room available. This way you can take up the back room with your friends and not worry if you get a little loud and carried away! Make sure you call early though to get those kind of reservations. There is rarely an extra fee for the room (you will probably just face a higher flat rate tip…but you’d face this with a large party in the main dining room too). Not to mention, this would give you a chance to go down to the restaurant and put some decorations in the room to make it a bit festive! This is a perfect way to surprise your dates when you arrive at the restaurant!
- Another restaurant idea:: Order a bunch of different dishes and meal share! That way you have a chance to sample a bit of everything from the menu!
- Some local suggestions: Sapporos, Benihana, or Mission Ranch Inn.
- If you choose a restaurant, see if there are some amazing views there as well. You can combine photos and dinner! Just make sure you do photos before dinner…lipstick will be wiped away and let’s pray ranch dressing didn’t fall on the satin dress!
- Be considerate when standing next to your friend’s long dresses. You don’t want to accidentally step on her dress with your heel and tear it at the hem.
- Get a little goofy! Your photos don’t need to be serious! Have some fun!
Limited Edition Prom Sessions!
Don’t forget! Limited Edition Prom Sessions are available! Head over to the blog post and find out how you can have your own photo shoot with your friends on prom night!!! Rock your dress, get glammed up, and have a blast with your friends! I’m doing one session per school…so make sure YOU are it!