OMG. Yes, that’s me. We were recently going through a box in the garage, and I found my prom picture. It’s hard to believe that is me, actually. When I look at the photo I can tell it was obviously from my pre-eyebrow waxing days!
Fun Facts About MY Prom:
- I only went to one prom…my senior year. Don’t even ask about junior year…I broke it off with him before we even made it to prom! And yes, the tickets were already purchased. But I went with my gut, and I don’t regret it–if something is done, it’s done!
- I went to my senior prom with my boyfriend; I dated him my entire senior year.
- My husband and I went to the same high school. Ironically, I remember seeing him there! He was doing a train through the dance floor with his friends! Little did we know what the future would hold. And no, we were never high school sweethearts (which I’m sort of bummed about because he had a pretty sweet Letterman jacket that would have been fun to wear)! But I think it’s hilarious that I have that ONE memory of him from prom…being the goofball that he can still be to this day.
- Prom was held at the U.S. Grant Hotel in San Diego. Another ironic fact, that is where my mom went to HER one and only prom! What are the chances, right?!
- We went to dinner on Coronado Island…I think…or was it Point Loma?! lol It was a Chart House.
- Last minute, I ended up having second thoughts about my hair and ripped out the up-do I had. I ended up wearing it down with the sides pulled up–it felt more “me”.
- The dress I wore to prom was actually the dress I wore on my first date with my husband.
- AND…Our after prom festivities were a bust. We planned to go to Denny’s, and it was closed. WHEN IS DENNY’S CLOSED?! And THIS is why the focus of this blog post in the prom series is about…
What in the world do we do after prom?!
There are a ton of things you can do after prom…things that are smart choices…and that the parents would approve of! Here are some tips!
- Go out to an after-prom dinner! Just take my advice when I say plan ahead to make sure they are open. But seriously, what Denny’s isn’t open 24/7?! And go as a group…it is always so much fun to compare notes on the events of the evening!
- Sleepover with your girlfriends! Trust me…this might be some of the most amazing conversation you have with your friends…chat into the wee hours of the morning and laugh the night away.
- Movie Night! Go to a friend’s house and have a movie marathon.
- Can someone say COSMIC BOWLING?! Sounds like a blast to me! Just be careful if you get your nails done for the prom! 😉
- Casino Night at your house! Have the parents set up a fun casino for you and your friends…they can be the dealers!
- Some schools have a lock-in on prom night…THIS sounds like a blast! Typically schools go all-out when they have a lock-in; it will probably be more fun than you expected!
Limited Edition Prom Sessions!
Don’t forget! Limited Edition Prom Sessions were announced recently! Head over to the blog post and find out how you can have your own photo shoot with your friends on prom night!!! Rock your dress, get glammed up, and have a blast with your friends!
P.S.- Honor curfew. Otherwise, you will be ruining your weekends for a good month! And yes…I had a curfew! I’m pretty sure I begged, pleaded, and did extra chores around the house for an extra hour though!
To get the scoop on the other posts in the Prom Blog Series, GO HERE for details on choosing the perfect dress and picking an outfit for after prom festivities! And CLICK HERE to find out some fun dinner ideas and some photo tips!